If you need a place to store books and you are looking for a piece of furniture that is integrated and that takes full advantage of the available space, making a Pladur library is the perfect solution. Complicated? Not as much as it seems. We tell you everything you need to know.
What do you need. Pladur plates "threshing", which are formed by two standard plates 10 mm thick and sold cut to size; aluminum profiles to hold them; drilling machine, doors ...
Maintenance. To facilitate cleaning, it is advisable to protect the shelves with glass or paint them with plastic paint or enamel, which are washable and prevent deterioration.
Advantage. This material is very durable and lightweight, resists fire, is acoustic insulating and absorbs excess moisture. In addition, you can paint and it comes out very well in price. If you need a place to store books and you are looking for a piece of furniture that is integrated and that takes full advantage of the available space, making a Pladur library is the perfect solution. Complicated? Not as much as it seems. We tell you everything you need to know.
A simple wall will shelter a spacious bookcase.
Pladur bookshop "threshing", measures 2,30x0,30, al. 2.50 m, budgeted by the company Mobles differents:
- Furniture material and assembly: Price… € 1,410
- Paint with blue matte plastic paint, T0.20.70, from Bruguer: Price… 160 €
- White lacquered wood doors, in 35x55 cm each: Price / set of 2… 207 €
1. DRAW on the wall the situation of the shelves and the sides of the bookcase.3 Step by step Spain
2. SHORT all profiles and place them on the line. Make the holes for the screws.4 Step by step Spain
3. INSERT some dowels into the holes you have made in the wall and screw the profiles.5 Step by step Spain
4. ADJUST well the shelf in the profile. Do it by pressing lightly to fit.6 Step by step Spain
5. Securely fasten the Pladur shelf to the profile with piercing screws.7 Step by step Spain
6. PUT another of the metal profiles on the front of the shelf to hold the placket8 Step by step Spain
7. SCREW the placket to the shelf, so that the screws reach the profile.9 Step by step Spain
8. COVER the joints with a little special paste and put a tape together.10 Step by step Spain
9. COVER the front of the shelf with paste and then place a belt guard.11 Step by step Spain
10. Sand the shelf when it is dry and paint it. Finally, put the doors, the baseboards ...